Enrolment is open from 1st September – 30th September 2021
Name of the course: ADVANCED COURSE ON PAEDIATRIC CLINICAL TRIALS AND PAEDIATRIC DRUG DEVELOPMENT
Edition of the course: Pilot
Course Enrolment: Enrolment is open from 1st September to 30th September 2021
Starting date: 18th October 2021
Closing date: 16th June 2022
To enrol in this course, please contact your National Hub who will supply you with the course password.
Your National Hub’s Referent Person for Training and Education will verify your eligibility to enrol to the Course and provide you with the Course’s enrolment password.
Once you receive this Course’s Enrolment Password from your National Hub, please log in on c4c Academy Platform.
If you don’t have an account yet, click on Create new account and follow the instructions.
Who is the course for?
This course is addressed to healthcare professionals involved in clinical trials regarding neonates, children and adolescents. Potential students of this course include Investigators, Sub-investigators, Clinical Research Nurses, Study Coordinators, Data Managers, Clinical Monitors, Scientific Manager working in the National Hubs and linked clinical sites, and any other role involved in paediatric clinical trials. See enclosed PDF document for further details .
Max. number of persons that each national hub can enrol:
The maximum number of students who can enrol in this course will be 50.
– 2 places are reserved for each NH and their related clinical sites (40 participants max) and
– 1 place is reserved for each EFPIA Partner involved in the c4c Consortium (10 participants max).
The selection of the students will be managed by the NHs (on a country basis) and by EPFIA Partners.
The criteria for selecting the participants should be based on the following:
- The candidates should have the pre-requisite specified in the paragraph n.2 “To whom the course is addressed” of the enclosed PDF document
- The candidates should be highly motivated and be able to attend the course in term of time requirement (Motivation letter to be sent by the candidates)
- Specific criteria based on the role in clinical trials, previous expertise, representativeness of different institutions will be evaluated by NHs/EFPIA partners
The enrolment steps will be as follows:
- The enrolment time frame lasts 4 weeks (from Sep 01 to Sept 30);
- Each National Hub can select 2 candidates (who meet the eligibility criteria) and each EFPIA company can select 1 candidate;
- An enrolment password, to access the AC via the c4c VLE Academy Platform, will be given to the selected candidates
- The selected candidates must enrol to the AC within the specified enrolment deadline;
- Once the enrolment deadline expires – ONLY if there are less than 50 students enrolled in the course ) – the c4c Academy Management Secretariat will inform the National Hub’s Referent Persons for Training and Education that there are still “xx” places available for enrollment
- At this point there will be an “extraordinary enrolment phase” – which will last from Oct 01 to Oct 15 – during which the National Hubs can enrol participants until the max. total number of enrolments (50) is reached. The vacant places will be assigned based on a precedence criteria.
- Once the max. number of people that can be enrolled has been reached, it will be no longer possible to join the AC.
- A waiting listing will be operated in case of early drop-outs/non starters.
Bloom’s Taxonomy Level of the Course: 5